- GPG is compatible with PGP
- GPG is open source and all platforms
How it works
- Person generates keypair consisting of public key and private key
- Public key is used to encrypt, private key is used to decrypt.
- If you have a persons public key you can encrypt anything meant to be seen by the owner of that public key.
- Only the person with the private key can decrypt.
- Only the sender does the encryption and only the receiver does the decryption.
echo "Hi this is generic" > secret.file
gpg -r email@example.com -e secret.file
gpg -d secret.file.gpg
comments powered by Disqus